Wednesday, September 17, 2014

....THE DENTIST....

I hate to say it,  but dentists are NOT my favorite people.....just an irrational fear I guess,  --- I don't like having my teeth worked on.....but the time has come for both of us for dental work....

Since Dr. Grace Ordonez has such a fantastic reputation  (and I had seen the offices of a couple of other dentists  )  we decided to go see her....Rick has several crowns that have to be reworked or replaced,  we both want our teeth whitened,  and I want my front tooth repaired...fell on the ice in Omaha several years ago and chipped it,  so....

When we went in I liked what I saw....  a sweet receptionist  ( American )  and then the "work" area.....pretty yellow  and white room  with the dental chairs facing the windows and the wonderful view.....all so clean ....both Dr. Grace and her assistant in surgical clothes ....most impressive....

When she examined Rick the  first thing she said was that he grinds his teeth and is ruining them,  so he has to see a dentist she works with who specializes in TMZ and get treated for that ....$500 for all the treatments and the apparatus he'll have to have made and wear.....she won't even start treatment until Ricardo sees this dentist next week,  but first he has to take in his blood work... she appears to be very careful and extremely professional.....She studied in the states and practiced there for about 10 years,  so she appeals to Americans.....

I have a molar with an old "silver" filling that needs to be replaced,  and then she'll do my front teeth after the whitening.....

Ricardo needs a tooth pulled  (there's not enough left to save it and it's infected --- $45 --- that's high for Cuenca)   and he needs 3 crowns plus the TMZ treatments.....a lot of money for us,  but SO much less than the states....When we are finished I'll let you know the final bill,  but I am feeling so much better after meeting her and seeing how immaculate her place is.....and she seems very gentle....and particular......As we were filling out paperwork a Gringo came out....we chatted,  and the first thing he said was that she is a perfectionist!

Hopefully by the time Linda and family come down I'll have a new smile -- as for Rick it depends upon the teeth grinding treatments.....

********

By now it was time for lunch and Fabiano's sounded good.....FABIANO'S is on Presidente Cordova 4-84 y Mariano Cueva ..... excellent Italian food and the nicest family cooking and serving.....


 Jackie (owner) & Rick

 
We tried a couple of new menu items....TACO PIZZA   and   CLAM CHOWDER......EXCELENTE!!
 
 
Then off to Mixx for dessert.....Mixx Helados  in San Blas....Today we met the owner,  from Canada,  and he makes all the ice cream.....incredible flavors & all soooo good!!
 

 
A lot of the flavors have liquor  (Tequila,  Whiskey,  Bailey's,  etc.)
 
I had a scoop of Lemon Pie and another of Almond Joy --- REAL FLAVOR!!!
 
When we came home the house smelled of Beef Vegetable Soup.....had put soup bones and veggies in the Crock Pot before we left and it was cooking up great.....
 
Now I'm going to listen to Michael Savage and Mark Levin as I catch up on emails..... I listen on my computer at       www.wlsam.com        Rush in the mornings and these guys at night so I know all about the happenings in the US,  unfortunately......So glad we're in Cuenca!!
 

San Blas Park

No comments:

Post a Comment