Wednesday, September 10, 2014

SAFE in Cuenca.....

On the brink of 9/11,  I worry about my family and friends in the US.... Please be extra careful and alert tomorrow!!!   No big Mall trips,  stadiums,  gatherings of lots of people.....and keep your eyes open!!


  One of the main reasons we moved to Cuenca is that we are so safe here from any kind of terrorist threats.....a war in the middle east really won't affect us, even if it's nuclear, because of the tradewinds we  don't fear nuclear fallout ....

Here we have plenty of water --- 4 rivers to supply the city,   a year round growing season,  and the most kind, sharing people in the world.

I have a pot of chile con carne in the crock pot...just sent Yolanda to pick up the kilo of jalapenos I ordered from Linda Chase who brings them in from a grower in Quito....dinner will be spicy like we like!

Have some nice things to share but my computer is not transfering my photos so think I'll just wait till this weekend....Tony Bishop is to come on Friday to fix it  (hopefully) and on Friday afternoon my jacket from the tailor is to be ready so Jean L. is going with us to pick it up,  and then we'll go to dinner at Tacanijo Mexican Restaurant!     Can't wait to see if my "tablecloth" jacket is cute....

Do be careful now.......

Abrazos.....

Susan

...

No comments:

Post a Comment