Monday, September 1, 2014

BIRTHDAY WEEKEND continues....Sunday, MY BIRTHDAY!

SUNDAY,  my 73rd birthday started with breakfast in bed cooked and brought to me by my darling husband of 52+ years,  Rick  (Ricardo)...he made bacon and eggs with salsa,  toast with butter & jelly,  and coffee,  and it was delicious!!  Such a treat!

Birthday card from Linda & Bo with photos she took at El Jardin....



Got dressed and out the door to go to noon Mass.... We usually take a taxi but Geovanni was leaving in his car with Paul and Titi and he insisted on taking us to the Cathedral....it was a fabulous day with warm sunshine and bright blue skies,  and everyone in a fantastic mood!!  Think "winter" is over....

I had put a piece of leftover birthday cake in a plastic container with a small chocolate milk drink to give to my favorite little old lady who has palsy, and when we got to the church I went to buy a candle....well,  it turned out I had no change, and a $10 bill was my smallest....I gave the candle lady the $10 and picked out 2 candles....she had no change either and just wanted me to pay her next week....I said I needed change for the poor ones,  so she lent me $3 and I still owe her for the candles....next week....I gave her a hug and thanked her---that's how the people are here....

So I gave the $10 bill to Teresa  (the poor old thin lady who shakes) and gave her the plastic container with the cake and chocolate milk  -  I told her it was my birthday and I wanted to share it with her --- she gave me such a huge smile and thanked me profusly....so little to give for such a wonderful feeling I had!!

After Mass we went to El Jardin Restaurant in the Hotel Victoria....gorgeous garden setting as the wall of windows looks out on the river and lush hills and plants....and guess who was there???    LINDA and BO ....with a couple friends of theirs and a lady who had JUST arrived,  here to stay....
 
We sat at a table next to them and we ALL enjoyed a great meal.....
 


 
Patricio Vintimilla is the owner/chef of El Jardin, from a fine old  family of chefs who own several very excellent  restaurants here in Cuenca....
 
When we got home I just had to take a little nap... and then Deborah called via Tango....Cristina performed gymnastics for me.
 
...and then Linda called so Nicolas and Olivia could wish me Happy Birthday.....all in all it was a
 
FANTASTIC BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment