Thursday, October 16, 2014

......SEEING THE CARDIOLOGIST....

     My appointment with the IESS Cardiologist was this morning at 8:30......Susana drove and Bertha went with to make sure all went without any misunderstandings.....

The IESS has a lovely old colonial building downtown as well as the hospital on the outskirts.....Only bad thing is that there aren't elevators so we had to walk up a big flight of stairs....

 
Huffing and puffing we found the office of Dr. Marchat and sat down to wait.....the building hasn't been remodeled so you see original wood floors & doors, etc.
 

 
As I looked around the waiting room I saw a HUGE difference between the doctor's office waiting room in Cuenca and any doctors' office in the states......
 

 
This lovely little shrine to Our Lady just overwhelmed me --- this Dr. Marchat  has to be a great person- seeing the lovely statue of the Madonna definitely gave me confidence in him as a healer and excellent doctor......when later I asked him if I could have a glass of wine and he said,  of course,  3or 4,   I KNEW this is a wonderful doctor!!!
 
Basically he told me I have an enlarged heart because of the high blood pressure,  my heart is improved & now beating normally,  BP  140/80 which is good for me......He gave me prescriptions for 3 of the 4 medications I am taking...one of them isn't available thru IESS....unfortunately it's the one that costs $1.45 ea. & I need 2 a day, but all in all I got 3 months of prescriptions and paid nothing.
 

 
We picked up the medications at the IESS pharmacy just down the hall from the doctor's office - it was all so simple and all free...well we pay our premiums of $80 mo for the 2 of us, no deductibles, no co-pays,  and the doctors are very well educated and nice!!!    And no long waiting........
 
We left there and went to the tailor to pick up my blazer and blouse......I love it!!  The fit is perfect.   I want comfortable, not too tight,  but a rather fitted look and that's what I got,  plus the tailoring is terrific with a deep  inside pocket for money/credit card and 3 outside pockets .....The blouse is really cute and just what I wanted.....Boy am I sold on getting your clothes made to measure here......with fabric and tailoring I spent only $80 for the 2 pieces.....a very good deal!!!
 
************************
 
I am feeling better every day......Yesterday Jean Lehman came to visit bearing such gifts.....a gorgeous bouquet of mixed flowers including Goldenrod,  the state flower of Nebraska.   And she brought some gourmet Italian food,  Spaghetti Bolongese with Greek salads and  garlic bread...Oh,  it tasted soooo good!!!   We had a lovely afternoon visiting about everything under the sun.....Jean and I have SO MUCH in common so we laugh and cry together and enjoy our friendship to the hilt....
 
It's so amazing the lovely people we have met here -- they all come with different stories,  but similar in many ways.....only a certain kind of person immigrates to another country,  and they usually are interesting and fun people and make great new friends!!
 
Fanny Cordero called and is coming this afternoon so I think I'll take a little nap.....
 
Hasta pronto!!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment